Friday, September 16, 2011

Bwack and Lellow, Bwack and Lellow


It was Black and Gold day at Wilson Elementary today.  And the Steelers garb was out in full force.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I truly don't follow football very closely.  For me, football season only exists from mid-August to mid-September (AKA preseason and maybe one or two regular season games) when my true love, preseason Penguins HOCKEY, starts!  I'm already stoked to be going to the preseason game with Chris on Thursday!  Life is great right now... and it's only going to get better with hockey season starting!

So, today, I continued with the "marker game" and like yesterday I would take a turn as well.  I always picked the same color markers, Black and Yellow.  Again, anyone who knows me, knows that Black and Yellow are my two favorite colors, and not just because they are the true colors of Pittsburgh.  However, I do honestly think I bleed black and gold.  I’m with a group of first graders today and I pick up my two colors and decide that I will go first in order to show the kiddos what I want them to do.  So, I tell them that black and yellow are my favorite colors and that I am a huge hockey fan.  And the next thing I know, the little “shy” first grader that was sitting across from me starts belting out Whiz Khalifa’s Black and Yellow.  Except, keep in mind that these kids are here for one reason, and one reason only… they have a speech delay!  So, this little boy sang a new version of Whiz’s song…  Bwack and Lellow, Bwack and Lellow”.   If I had a tape recorder, it would have been repeated and recorded for me to listen to before every Steeler and Penguin game!  The best part was that this little boy sang it with so much confidence and no care in the world… I mean he belted it with two of his classmates in the room and didn’t even think twice about what they would think of him.  Granted, he only knew those three words to the song.  However, they are really the only important words for him to know, right?

Let’s Go Pens!            Go Steelers!

No comments:

Post a Comment